Saturday, February 11, 2012

Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II


So, it's finally here. The second part to Earth's double LP, "Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light".
I'm not that familiar with Earth. I'm a huge fan of drone and doom and their predecessors, and I've heard "Earth 2", but that's about it.
What Earth have done with their sound though kind of surprises me. I've always held highly a group that could evolve with eachother and change their sound as they went - I figure them frontrunners of our time, musical pioneers. Earth aren't necessarily high up on my list of innovators, but they are on it.
They've managed to take these ghastly negative genres usually riddled with feedback, and they've turned it into something clean, atmospheric, wandering. This album gives you feelings, it puts you out in a setting. If you ever find yourself playing a Fallout game, this is the album to listen to.
the only thing that I'm really bugged by about "Angels" is that it comes a bit short of the first installment, at only a basic 45 minutes - but that's nothing to complain about. This is a full album, and each track is haunting, and western. And forward thinking.
Tier: 3 [Good Shit]
[heading out west?]

No comments:

Post a Comment